Safety and Responsibility
It must be emphasized that the standards for safety and safe gun-handling are very high and are rigorously enforced. The excellent safety record of IPSC is no accident. It is a direct result of these high standards.
Basic Firearm Safety Rules
- All firearms are always considered to be loaded.
- The muzzle must always be pointed down range and in a safe direction - never allow the muzzle. to cover anything you are not willing to shoot.
- Keep your finger off the trigger and out of the trigger guard, except when actually shooting at targets.
- Be sure of where the bullet is going to end up.
Range Safety and Safety Areas
In addition to the four basic safety rules, there are further rules for safety. These procedural safety rules involve safe gun-handling and common sense.
- Once holstered, handguns may not, under any circumstances, be handled in any fashion outside the Safety Area without the express authorization of a Range Officer.
- The uncasing and casing of the firearm must always take place at the Safety Area.
- The handling of ammunition in any Safety Area is strictly prohibited.
- Pistols are carried in the holster from stage to stage. They are always , unloaded, with the hammer down, and no magazine inserted.
- Eye and ear protection must be worn at all times while on the range whether shooting or not.